Responses to the “situation” in the Middle East vary from apathy to helplessness to anger and every emotion in between. Many good people want to do something to improve the situation but feel impotent as no one seems to make any lasting progress.
However, by facilitating dialogue between Israeli and Palestinian youth Windows for Peace UK gives people the opportunity to make a real difference.
Mainly, we do this by supporting the work of Windows Channels for Communication (CfC) in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories.
Windows CfC help young people find “someone to talk to on the other side.” By talking and more importantly listening, individuals begin to realise that they have more in common than not. They become a living example of a true alternative based on dialogue. They influence their communities from the inside and in turn, we hope that they will raise their children with less fear and more humanness.
Make a difference … >>> Support Us!
We are a registered charity (no. 1108358) and are not aligned to any political or religious group or cause.
We have three objectives: –
- raising funds for WCfC
- promoting dialogue between Jewish, Palestinian, Arab and Muslim communities in the UK.
- encouraging and facilitating summer schools for Israeli and Palestinian youth
Achievements and activities
We have raised £500,000: –
- almost £400k infrastructure funding for WCfC including multi media and ICT equipment
- £70k for summer schools in 2008 and 2010 and a video workshop in 2009
- Over £17k for UK youth dialogue initiatives which are also funded by Manchester City Council and the National Lottery.
Who are we?
We are a completely volunteer run charity and as a result have extremely low running costs. Approximately 97% of all money raised in applied to charitable causes.
We are managed by a board of trustees, currently: –
Yael Arbel; Yaakov Atik; Sabrina Dinsdale; Gillian Kempner; Ros Raizada; Saiqa Sharif; and Ken Singer.
How to get involved
We are always in need of donations, fundraising and physical help. If you feel you have the time to commit to volunteer your services to Windows then please contact us.